Sunday 24 June 2012

Thing 2: 'Here's Looking at You!'

Right, so here I am at thing 2. I do enjoy reading other people's blogs (it feels in a way like a form of permissible nosiness). I've found it a very useful means of gleaning knowledge and its always a help to hear other people's experiences and generally let it dawn that, more often than not, you aren't the only one feeling nervous.
I've read a number of blogs by current trainees and particularly liked http://librarytrainee.wordpress.com/ as there was lots of interesting info, in particular the thoughts and feelings of past trainees and the advice they had to offer. Similarly I've gained a great deal from http://www.catalog.group.cam.ac.uk/previous_trainees.html. It's given me great insight into the day-to-day work of the trainees and generally what to expect if I'm lucky enough to gain a traineeship myself.

Thing 2 is clearly going to be ongoing and I'm looking forward to emboldening myself to start commenting on others' blogs and getting a bit more involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment