Monday 9 July 2012

Things 8 and 9: Organising Things


Slightly ironically considering Things 8 and 9 are about organisational skills, I'm once again making my CPD23 post out of sequence! Ah Well! I was keen to skip ahead a bit and get to grips with Evernote as I was hoping to make use of it for research for an interview I have coming up. Admittedly, normally I am a girl of lists and notes scrawled on pieces of paper (which invariably get mislaid), so to have a tool to keep everything collated is definitely helpful (and in terms of minimising paper wastage, a much greener option). Evernote was very simple to install and equally easy to use. I'm particularly fond of the Clipper device, which allows you to take choice snippets from a website and automatically add them to your notebook. 
  Onwards to Google Calendar next. I do have a calendar hung up on my wall which gets added to from time to time (occasionally in an illegible fashion and if I can find a pen). The Google Calendar is again very easy to use and I am oddly taken with the weather forecasting function! I can see why this would be a nice little tool for the workplace for organising things. Hopefully when I land a job I can put it to good use! Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment