Saturday 4 August 2012

Thing 11: A Mentor is for life, not just for Christmas!


Admittedly I am at the very early stages of my career, but I have been very fortunate to have someone who I regard as a very good mentor. It isn’t a formal arrangement as such (I haven’t asked him specifically to be my mentor) but he definitely amply fulfils the role and for this he will have my enduring gratitude. Indeed, it was my ‘mentor’ who first suggested joining CPD23 (very sage advice indeed!). He definitely isn’t a ‘closed book’ he is always open to sharing and I do feel that I can ask him just about anything (from small and silly questions to far meatier subjects), which in my opinion makes him a fantastic mentor and one that everyone should aspire to. In fact he is the source of perhaps my favourite quote….’I can never walk past a book’ (very much a meeting of minds in this regard, have to have a good nose in a book when it comes my way)! Even when I move on in my career path, I certainly intend to stay in touch with him because he has become rather a font of all knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment