Monday 17 September 2012

Things 5 and 19: Reflections on the state of Things



Right time to start thinking about reflecting on what I have learnt so far (sorry rather overdue), although I have to say the whole keeping a blog thing is a good exercise generally in reflective practice. It has certainly given me the opportunity to follow a sort of ‘identify, do, consider, discuss’ course which is good for keeping me organised and thinking! I identify what needs to be done, have a go at doing it, consider what I’ve gleaned from it and then have a witter about it on my blog. Indeed, I have to say that out of all the things I’ve done so far through the course, keeping a blog has been a bit of a revelation! I enjoy making postings (keeps me amused if no one else) and it is good to look back over my old postings and see how far I’ve come!  Feels like a rather bizarre online time capsule, if you will! Something I can open up at a later date and think ‘oo is that really how I felt about so and so?’, ‘why on earth was I worried about that?’ or ‘oh crumbs, I still need to do that!’
 The most important element that I have gleaned from cpd23 which I will integrate into my working life is without doubt confidence!  I have learnt a vast range of new skills and tools, but the confidence this has afforded me will be invaluable. I am now far braver about trying new things and giving things a go. In particular things such as creating an online presence for myself was previously really rather daunting and the thought of ‘putting myself out there’ was something I had admittedly shied away from in the past, but I have definitely grown to see the value of this now!
Through cpd23 I have learned and gained a massive amount- from organising myself with things like Google Calendar and EverNote, keeping up to date with RSS feeds, interacting with the wider library community through social networking and sharing and the potential for collaborative projects with things like Google Drive and different ways to present ideas with things like Jing.  I’ve also really benefitted from hearing other people’s experiences, learning from everyone at different stages in their careers- from trainees to professionals.  I definitely feel more poised to go into the workplace and make more of a contribution now that I am armed with the tools that I have learnt and hopefully I can share this with others too!

No comments:

Post a Comment